Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Motivation

Second2Rise February 4th, 2020

I'm trying to do homework, but I'm extremely unmotivated and depressed. I'm trying my hardest to push away my thoughts, but it's hard.

SecretlyMe February 12th, 2020

@Second2Rise I'm sorry that you're struggling with this. I have had similar difficulties (I posted my own thread asking for advice on the same thing). I don't think my concentration is back completely. I still have moments or days where I can't seem to accomplish anything. But I found a few things that seem to work for me and hopefully they can help you too.

1. Meditation: practicing meditation regularly is meant to improve clarity. It trains you to empty your mind of all the distractions so you can put your effort into what you NEED to focus on.

2. To do list: writing down a list each day helps me stay on track. And crossing something off the list after completing it feels rewarding. Keeps me motivated to accomplish more in a day than I would have otherwise.

3 Start a journal: I was distracted by a lot of racing thoughts. There was too much going on in my head to stay focused on the task in front of me. I think it helps to take time to write those thoughts down. It feels like they are being transfered and you are then clearing your head.

4. Stay away from distractions: finding a way to lock distractions away will force you to focus more on the task in front of you.

5. Set timers for short intervals: Have a goal that you try to reach before the timer goes off. It's kind of like a game and it only forces you to be really focused for short period of time. You'll see the progress add up quickly.

bestVase7265 February 16th, 2020

It can be really hard. Small steps are good ones. @Second2Rise