Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loss of energy and interest

toughLion8324 March 5th, 2021

Hi everyone here I know but I experience daily loss of complete energy and interest from diagnosed Major Depression. I have been diagnosed with it , got better and then fall down again but now I am still in episode while attempting my exams of MBBS. Its tough for me to be socially at peace. I feel very inferior to other people, especially my this symptom makes it worse than anything for it. I have zero interest and energy in anything. I just feel blank and numb and just going through motions of daily life. I hope I find some support here.

psychorious March 5th, 2021

Hi there! I’m sorry to hear that you’re losing interest and I understand that it’s been hard for you to deal with it. Depression is not something that will quickly go away and it is hard living with it. You also mentioned that the symptoms are affecting you socially and you are preparing for exam. From my perspective and realistically speaking, the social part and the stress due to exam will most likely worsen your symptoms, however I don’t want you to see it as your life is over. I believe that you will eventually get back on track but it might take som time. For now, the most important part is that you have someone by your side. Someone who always makes you happy even through the hardest times. It can be a friend, a family member, teacher or your pet! When you tell about your problem, it will get easier although you might think it won’t work. Don’t worry, I’ve been there too. Thinking no one really understands you and your mind tells you that life is nonsense. There’s nothing wrong about feeling this way because it happens. We fall and then we get up. Right now you’re falling. And you know the consequences... you’ll rise again I want a favor. After reading my comment, please write “don’t worry. It will become better. I’ll make it happen!” and put on John Cena music ;)

toughLion8324 OP March 7th, 2021

"Dont worry. It will become better. I'll make it happen"

PencilsCanBeSharp March 7th, 2021

@toughLion8324

I'm currently in college and I can totally relate to your situation. I believe the most important thing to remember is that you are enough and it's okay not to be okay. It can be so difficult to find motivation to do anything with depression but of course in the back of our heads we know we need to. It doesn't feel like much of a choice to be able to take a mental health break we desperately need.. especially when we inevitably start comparing ourselves to people and lowering our self esteem.. but know you are not alone ❤️ I hope you find comfort in this..

toughLion8324 OP March 10th, 2021

Thankyou so much for your compassion ♥️ I hope I find some flow in this