Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loss of Motivation

Coolzebra0419 December 27th, 2022

My biggest issue with 2022 has been being discouraged throughout majority of the year on the job. This has bled into my personal life towards the end of the year. I have been on my current job for 4 years and I have done everything in our organization to make things better. I have worked on multiple certifications to prepare myself for the next step and I got passed over because of friendship. I know this has to be the last time I talk about this going into the new year.

It irritated me because I have proven on multiple occasions I am more qualified than the person chosen for the job. Sadly, that doesn't matter. I can try to find another job, but I am sure I'll run into the same problems. This discouragement has led to my wife and I having a marital problems. I feel like she is no longer happy in our relationship. Going into 2023, I need to correct my mindset to stand up for what I have earned.

kvala5 December 27th, 2022

I’m really really proud of you for recognizing what you need in 2023, that shows a lot of self-growth and vulnerability for sharing on your part. I applaud you for that!!

Keep being strong and I wish you the best!

sunnyWriting4806 December 28th, 2022

@Coolzebra0419

Sounds you have a lot on your plate going into 2023. As frustrating as 2022 was with your career and family situation I do hope that you'll be able to find more of a groove in 2023 and come to solve your issues eventually. Thanks for sharing this and I hope your 2023 will be better!

bestVase7265 December 28th, 2022

It sounds like a new job is a good move. You are right that what happened before could happen again, but you can't move forward where you are at. You would also be learning even more things by going somewhere new. Four years is a good amount of time to show that you are a hard worker and are dedicated.

Keep the lines of communication open with your wife. I am sure that some of your frustration has landed on her shoulders. That happens pretty naturally, but when you can apologize and keep trying, it helps a lot. @Coolzebra0419