Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is exercise making you more depressed?

LostTurtle2 November 6th, 2022

Everyone says exercise I'd good for your health. Mental and otherwise. However, it makes me wiped our. When I do things around the house on weekend, I'm so tired, i have to take multiple naps and drink several coffees to recover. Even walking after work, about 2 miles, is a sure thing to make me comatose and only able to function as a couch potato. I have been diagnosed with dysthymia or adjustment disorder in the past but i fit atypical depression better (overeating and oversleeping). I have been low energy as far as i remember. Anyone having something similar? What works for you?

Thanks for listening!

AffyAvo November 7th, 2022

For me not depressed but it adds yo my fatigue.

I plan around it including my med schedule, have a quick sugar source after which decreases the duration of the crash and often do take a nsp.

bestVase7265 November 7th, 2022

I would check in with a doctor to have some bloodwork done, but know that what works for some people in regards to mental health, doesn't work for others.

Maybe try just sitting outside. Just that connection to nature matters. @LostTurtle2

LostTurtle2 OP November 7th, 2022

Thank you who responded. I did a Google search and this showed up. I didn't see that before. I'll try to implement that, not sure how yet. My bursts of exercise tend to be longer.

https://3steplifestyle.com/2016/08/25/exercise-making-depression-anxiety-worse-doctors-dont-tell/