Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm slipping, and I'm scared of it.

TheDreamer17 February 23rd, 2021

I can tell I'm falling back. I can barely pay attention in my classes, I forget everything, and I can't make myself care. It's jumping from one activity to the next, blaring music through headphones, staying up late when I finally find something I like. I can't fall back again. I can't do this again. When things got this bad about a year ago, everything blacked out. It became a blur and I genuinely don't remember anything from that time. I can't care. I want to be okay but I keep moving from obsession to obsession, I need something to daydream about to get away. My family stresses me out and I have to zone out when I'm around them. I have a therapist but talking about my stuff doesn't help too much, I can't control my mood and I just want to be okay. I want to get a break from school but I know I could fail classes. Idk anymore.

vrljo February 27th, 2021

That sounds really difficult to deal with. I also get worse around my family. Moving into my own place made a huge change in my ability to stay healthy.

Link5465 March 2nd, 2021

@TheDreamer17

I understand completely. I'm going through the same thing with my classes right now. I know I have work that needs to be done yet all I do is distract myself with other things - which makes me feel worse in the long run. I have just been doing what I can make myself do. Getting a 50% on an assignment is better than getting a 0, right? Family can be difficult to deal with, boy do I understand that. I look forward to when I can live on my own again, things were a lot easier to deal with and focus on back then.