Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't deserve love.

PluckyLuck248 March 31st, 2018

I haven't had anxiety this bad in a while and it's all becoming too much. All the bad thoughts came back and for some reason feeling like I don't deserve to be loved by anyone. I've had a relative mentally manipulate me for a long time and don't know if my parents loved me in the first place anymore. I want to feel loved and be loved and love others. My head's all mixed up and I don't know what to do.

Lonelypetvet March 31st, 2018

@PluckyLuck248

I am sorry you are going through this. I have had to learn this the hard way, but you can only begin to give and receive love, if you love yourself. I know that this may be hard to accept, especially with you have the awful experience of being manipulated by someone you should be able to trust. I am very similar to you, always wanting to be loved but feeling like I dont deserve love. In the end it leads to relationships (friendships and romantic relationships) that you constantly push for validation.

I know this may be hard to hear, but know that once you learn to love yourself, then you can truly have full loving relationships.