Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am not sure what is wrong with me

warmheartedWest725 June 24th, 2021

I know I have adhd and anxiety. Although I am not a doctor, it really feels to me from a lay perspective that I have depression too. I have ADHD and I can’t even begin to explain how much more difficult that makes everything, personal and professional, during a typical day. Sure, occasionally I do some things right or we’ll but my propensity for saying or doing stupid things and/or making stupid mistakes is far beyond what a normal person would have to deal with. It is so damn impossible to do things right consistently. My awkwardness and absent mindedness even annoys my family. I don’t know what to do other than to admit that it is really causing me to hate myself so much!!!!

FlourishingDimensions June 28th, 2021

@warmheartedWest725

Hi there, fellow ADHDer. How are you? I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I understand how tough it can be. The struggle is real. Though I don't know your specific situation and everything you have and are going through, as it's best to dive into this more with your doctor for sure to pinpoint what is going on, however, adults with ADHD can sometimes/often do, also have an anxiety disorder, depression, etc.

I think it can help to have more tools in our toolbox to help combat some of these things we have to deal with.

What do you feel like your biggest struggle is for you at the moment? Maybe we could try brainstorming some ideas/strategies together?

Just in case you weren’t already aware of it, there is also an ADHD spot out here: https://www.7cups.com/forum/SupportPlus_205/AttentionDeficitHyperactivityDisorderSupport_664/

Take care heart