Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help

aquagashapon February 7th, 2020

I am 23 and very depressed. Last year I realized that the reason why my best friend rejected me was because he wanted to date this British girl he

luxx454 February 8th, 2020

@aquagashapon You are depressed for good reasons. This guy has made you feel used and betrayed when he two-timed you and his girlfriend and now it's hard for you to think of anything but him. Honestly, I can't heal you with a message and perhaps nobody can help you in that way. Things like this take time to heal from. It takes time to realize your worth after being treated like that. It takes time to see that his actions don't make you unworthy or silly or stupid. And it's okay that it takes time, there's no rush to be completely fine. This society teaches us to chase happiness, to be happy all the time, but that can be destructuve too. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to think of him. Take it easy on yourself and realzie in time you will be fine not from the words I say or anything, but from yourself. You in time will be able to heal due to your own abilities.

aquagashapon OP March 22nd, 2020

@luxx454 Thank you. I think this is the advice I needed until today. I apologize if it took a month for me to respond. I haven't been in this site for a while. Anyway, I believe this was the advice I needed to hear for so long so thank you. I find it hard to heal and I've tried everything. Seeing a shrink, doing self-care like meditation, but it doesn't go away. They are helpful but it's not an instant fix. And because of it, I've been beating myself up because I wasn't able to get better quicker. I didn't have time to talk to my friends because they're all mutuals with my former best friend. Even if I do talk to them about these things, I would feel like I'm bothering them. Probably because of my experience with the guy. Everytime I need someone to listen, he'd always tell me I'm treating him like a therapist. Then when I say he's unfair, he would tell me I'm psychoanalysing him. So I kept things to myself just so it could give him a sense of normalcy like he wanted. Any mention of feelings makes him uncomfortable.

I've already stopped hanging out with him three weeks ago and decided not to anymore. But of course the hurt is still there, it makes me afraid to talk to anyone because I worry I'll just bother people. They'll pretty much just say the same thing which is to see the therapist or go to church. Therapy here is expensive and I don't really believe in my religion anymore for personal reasons. I just hope it gets better.