Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Has anyone here actually felt their depression get better?

rustlingtrees February 13th, 2019

I'm still partially in denial about my depression, but been dealing with this for a few years. I'm trying to give therapy a real shot, but I'm a bit doubtful it'll even help. I stopped drinking coffee because I think it affects my mood and dunno I guess I'm kind of sleeping better but nothing too crazy.

I just feel pretty terrible and it doesn't really seem like I could actually feel different from this. I know it's not going to happen overnight, but it really does feel like I'm just going to kinda feel terrible forever. Anyways, would like to hear if anyone else overcame the worst of it or figured out how to manage their depression better?

MieraCurie February 13th, 2019

@rustlingtrees I know it is hard to believe but it does actually gets better. I know it's different with different people but mine consist of denial as well, but I just learned that it actually gets me worse. So what I do is just tell myself that it's okay to be honest and managing this feelings is a slippery slope and it will come once in a while and has a very little possibility that we will be completely recovered from it. But one thing for sure, we still have hope to make it less unbearable every single day, just keep on going and see how this journey take and shape you into a wonderful person 🌼🌼🌼 They are a part of you, take them out from your body, hug them tight πŸ’› They need us πŸ’• I'm actually recovering myself as I say this. Pretty good feeling. I hope you will feel this way soon. πŸ¦‹ Everything is going to be okay. Trust yourself in the process and be patient 🌺 Lots of love from me to you.