Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling so lost

sofiagrace August 13th, 2015

On Monday my boyfriend packed up his things and moved out of our apartment. No warning, no real explanation. But I know it's because of my depression. I'm 35 years old and I loved him more than I've loved anyone in my whole life and I destroyed our relationship. I know that it's not my fault exactly, but I don't know how to go on living knowing that this thing inside me that I have no control over has taken away the thing I loved most in the world. I've been trying to get treatment, but nothing has helped so far. My meds are doing nothing. I'm also completely alone because I moved across the country to go to school so I don't know that many people and my family is over 2000 miles away. I feel so lost right now. I don't know any of you, but I needed to tell someone, anyone at all who might understand.

braveSugar7964 August 13th, 2015

Hello love. I'm so sorry you've found yourself in this situation.

I'm still reeling from an unexpected break up myself, although the circumstances are different. The only comfort i can give you is that I too loved my partner with everything I am, and I was/am shattered. I so much hope you find people to support you through this - on here, at least, if there's nobody else. Please try and take care of yourself, and persevere with the medication, even if you need to change it in order to notice a difference. X