Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling guilty for being depressed

Vala October 7th, 2014

I was a typical overachiever. A little tragedy struck but I soon got over it,but by then I had lost my reputation, I was behind other people.Then I started feeling guilty for havingfallen. Ifeel guilty for ever having being depressed even though I know it wasn't my fault. I felt guilty for not living to other people's expectations and being a failure. I lost the will and motivation to go on. I was afraid to tell anyone about it and because of that it only got worse. It sounds like a pretty stupid reason, but that it's real.

ZaraSmiles August 10th, 2016

@Vala

Hi there, sweet one. It's been a while, a long while, since you posted this, and I'm so sorry that your post was left unheard until now. It sounds like you were going through so much at the time, and I hope you're feeling a lot better. Those emotions you noted, they're incredibly intense and can be extremely difficult to handle. Guilt can be such a powerfully overwhelming feeling to cope with, so I do hope you'll reach out to a listener if you need some support. You've got this. <3