Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do you drive without focusing on anything?

faithfulTriangle3777 September 7th, 2015

I've been doing this for a while and always thought it was due to extreme fatigue but but now realize it's probably extreme fatigue caused by depression. Anyway, I often drive to and from work without focusing on anything. It's very natural for me to open my gaze and let everything turn in to a slight haze or blur like you would if you were going into a deep daydreaming trip. Somehow get from point a to point b doing this day after day. I think I do this because I don't have enough energy and alertness to focus my eyes.

SkyHawk September 7th, 2015

Yes, I can drive and not seem to be fully focused on the task at hand, but I still seem to be as I can hit the brakes or swerve at a moments notice if need be with no delay. I am fully engaged Subconsciously but it seems my conscious mind has taken a detour.

easyWater4109 September 8th, 2015

I've felt that too, where I drive and I get into a zen zone. Unfortunately, as my depression has worsened I have anxiety now, like I fear intersections like some dope is going to blow a light and smash into me....I'm super careful and very anxious,