Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depressive Emptiness

AuthenticTree June 25th, 2021

I’d say one of the worst parts about my depression is when my thoughts come back to death every time I’m really upset. It’s like the floor beneath me bottoms out and I fall into a dark room of feeling like I just don’t want to keep having to go through life. When depression seeps it’s way into my reality it’s frustrating. Whenever I realize a flaw in myself, others, or the world I immediately question why we are born in the first place and forced to go through life. My therapist suggested I start looking at forums like this to see if anyone feels the same way, so I guess that’s why I’m posting this. Does anyone else feel this? Like every time something goes wrong it adds on to the reasons why you crave not being here and you’re scared you’ll feel this way forever & not sure how much you’ll be able to take?

cwang70 June 27th, 2021

Hello, sometimes I feel the same way. I think it was never fair that I never had a say in whether I had to live or not. I never asked to exist. It isn't fair that I was forced to. I don't view existance in terms of just our biological life and death. For me, I tend to just call this an existance. For some reason, I had to exist. Yet I had no say in this matter. This irks me.