Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Completely done.

sFoster96 December 20th, 2015

i cant do this anymore. my marriage seems to be failing.

he chooses not to talk to me, then gets mad when im upset and tell him how i feel. i moved across the country to be here with him, even though im living with his parents while hes three hours away. but thats not enough.

all i ask from him, is to talk to me, rather than watch netflix since he doesnt get much time to himself. but he chooses not to. so it makes me upset and causes me to fight with him since he just doesnt get it.

and it makes me feel like he doesnt want to be with me anymore and i just dont know what to do anymore.

it makes me want to end my life because he would be so much better off without me.

baZzchik54 December 20th, 2015

Dear @sFoster96

Im so sorry that you are going through this rough patch with your husband and your marriage. I'm going through a funk also at the moment. If he's not involved, then do for yourself. Plan yoga, or a massage, a reading group....

Do something for yourself to make u happy. Perhaps if he sees u going out etc, he too, will follow.....

Blessings, baZzchik54

JBlue December 20th, 2015

This sounds awful; I'm so sorry you're going through this. Whether or not he would be better off without you, that's no reason to end your life! People do splt up, survive, and live good lives, even if you find it hard to contemplate doing that. You deserve to live and you deserve your marriage to be a loving one.

cristiana33 December 20th, 2015

@sFoster96

Dear one,

You seem to be in such a pain right now! I can only tell it must feel like you are done with your life.

You husband's behavior makes me think he might be going through a bad moment where he is unable to express his emotions well and the only way he is able to communicate is by shouting you down and watching some show on Netflix. Do you know him to be in depression or going through some bad moments right now? I know people tend to isolate themselves when they are feeling bad.

However, you do seem to have done big moves in your life just to keep this marriage alive. You are not just his wife. You have a life of your own too and you need to take into account that even if your marriage seems to be falling right now, you have yourself still. You have your family, your interests, your passions... You need to be taking take of those too! It's horrible when you decide to focus on your relationship only because when that becomes fragile, you believe you have nothing else anymore.

Keep fighting dear, you are amazing, trust me! And you are worth so much more!