Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can I change?

Embersong99 September 19th, 2015

I've had depression for about 13 years. I don't really remember what it's like to live without it - I was too young. I've had brief periods where I've felt 'better' or I thought I was improving, but I always go back again. What if this is just my personality now?

purpleKite5596 September 19th, 2015

Hi I know you don't know me and I don't know you but I have gone through the same thing..the same doubt. I'm 15 and I still suffer from severe depression. I have learnt to come to terms with it to live with it.

purpleKite5596 September 19th, 2015

Your personality is you and. It never changes no matter what you will always be you. And that I promiselaugh

MidniteAngel September 19th, 2015

@bluesong99

It's important to remember when you're depressed you have to nurse yourself and be extra gentile towards yourself. Just like an athlete wouldn't break an ankle then force themselves to run that ankle. They rest as it heals and do not think "I'm a failed athlete" they think "right now something isn't working so I'll take care of myself until it does."

Just like a broken bone, depression can change the way your daily life plays out. Pushing yourself too hard and getting frustrated when you don't feel better is like trying to run on that broken ankle and getting frustrated when it doesn't heal.

You're a real fighter, a survivor, a warrior and soon you will be a winner. You're going to be better, stronger, smarter and happier than you'd ever imagine. People like you are the ones who become something great. You're going to find success in the most unlikely of places, but I know whatever you do, it will be extraordinary.

You're one of a kind, irreplaceable, and impossible to replicate. Do you know what that means? You're priceless. No amount of gold or money can ever match you, because no one on the planet's history or future will be just like you. Make today the day you change for the better. Because darling you deserve so much better than this. Remember that you are loved and treasured, and don't ever forget how amazing you truly are.

NeptuneFlyer September 19th, 2015

That is so beautiful bluesong! I took a screenshot on my phone to refer to as needed 💖

Embersong99 OP September 19th, 2015

Your message was so beautiful I cried reading it. I really hope I can get better one day :) Thank you!

Embersong99 OP September 19th, 2015

Thank you everyone who's commented, it's so great to have your support! :)