Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't figure this out...

Bshoch May 4th, 2015

I've been struggling with depression since I was 16 years old. I am now 24 years old. I can't seem to figure this out. I've seen many therapists through out the years and I can't figure out why I feel the way I feel. I am so tired of feeling this way. I am so tired of dragging through life. It's like one big gray cloud is following me and I don't know how to get rid of it. I'm not even sure what I hope to get from making a post on here. I just don't know what else to do.

Mdavis1293 May 4th, 2015

Sorry to hear that. I'm 21 and have been struggling since my early teens as well. Been to therapy. Depression comes and goes, but comes more than it goes. Stay strong friend.

dreamingINcolor May 4th, 2015

I'm so sorry my friend!! Positive thoughts and lots of love to you!!

May 4th, 2015

I am a fifty year old man who has suffered from anxiety and depression since I was a little boy. I 'self-medicated' for many of those years; although I was able to keep my head above water, I cannot really tell you how.

Keep seeking out help. If it's not the 'right' help for you, change. It's funny how the only constant in our live is change; yet it is precisely change many of us fear.

Keep on 'the path'. It ends up being Joyful. I am far from being 'cured', but I do realize that it is only myself who is in control of how I perceive problem or suffering. It's been avery long path. I have stumbledmany times. All that means is that I get to start over.

Try an be strong to face the many changes and realize you are strong enough to overcome your own undoing!

Look for help. Walk and fall. Stand up, start over again. Walk and fall. Stand up, start over again?

I wish you peace,

Jeffrey