Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello there!

Caitlin189 September 26th, 2015

Hello, my name is Caitlin, and I've just joined this site a few weeks ago, and I have stumbled upon this Depression Support Group. I've been struggling with depression for about a year now and I used to self harm, but have recently stopped, since my parents found out. I still struggle with wanting to hurt myself, but I can't! I thought I might make a nice fit here and decided to introduce myself. So here I am!

Celaeno September 26th, 2015

Hi @Caitlin189!

It's very nice to meet you, wonderful ^^ I'm Celaeno and I'm so happy you've decided to join our lovely community these weeks ago.

I also struggle with depression, but it doesn't mean we have to let be define by it. We are so much more than our sorrow and despair. We are not a medical term.

*hugs*

Fighting with urges to self harm is exhausting, and I'm so proud of you! It is so hard to overcome the darkness on the daily basis, and yet you have needed strength and bravery to do so. There's a community guide on this topic, if you are looking for some tips.

There is also a pretty new forum thread about being more than our mental health issues. Maybe you want to join in and tell us about your thoughts on that matter?

If you ever want to talk, please reach out to us - we are all here to support each other in this everlasting battle, members and listeners. Whether in forums, or in support rooms, or in 1-on-1 chat with a listener, we are all care about you, so don't hesitate to talk about your current worries.

Once again, welcome on board. If you have any questions, I'd be more than glad to help you.

Please take a good care for yourself, lovely. I hope to see you around!