Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Worried I feel like I need help with, but don't know how to ask

cyanPlane9770 October 9th, 2023

I often get worried about things in my personal life, and growing up my mom helped me with them but idk feels kind of like now I just don't feel comfortable talking to her about any of it anymore. Nowadays I feel like I try my best to find friends to reach out to and talk about stuff with, but I never know how to talk about it/bring it up no matter how hard I try and usually therefore in the end mostly don't. I don't know if it's just better to keep my emotions to myself as it feels like that's what most people do anyways, I don't know if I'm being too dependant on others. It just feels like talking it out would help, and lately I've been feeling a diminishing sense of hope.

Thanks for reading <3

ChristinaLin October 9th, 2023

@cyanPlane9770I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. It's okay if you don't feel comfortable talking to your mom about your worries anymore. It's natural to seek support from friends, even if it's hard to start those conversations. Sharing your feelings can be helpful, and many people do it. It's not a sign of dependence; it's a healthy way to cope. Don't give up hope; there are people who care about you and want to be there for you.đŸ’Ș

toughTiger6481 October 9th, 2023

@cyanPlane9770

You  do know how even if you do not see it.. you took first step here ..  have you tried to find a listener here?  like therapy sometimes it takes a not to find the right fit. 

sometimes when things are difficult to know where to start with friends ... it is sometimes easier to speak up to a stranger....  

cyanPlane9770 OP October 9th, 2023

Much thx for the kind responses, means a lot to me. I'll do my best to try and reach out to a friend though I'm just not exactly sure how to go about it. I've considered reaching out to a listener before but I'm not sure how to pick the right listener or how to start the conversation with them

bestVase7265 October 10th, 2023

What is making your mom harder to talk to now? You don't have to do it all the time, but you might find the connection point there that you need in the short term. I guarantee that she would still love to be that listening ear. It makes her feel wanted. @cyanPlane9770

matchaLover89 October 10th, 2023

@cyanPlane9770 Hi, I'm Celine :) It's natural to seek support from others, and talking about your worries and concerns can be really helpful for your mental well-being.  Look for someone you trust and feel comfortable with. It could be a close friend, a family member (not necessarily your mom), or even a mental health professional like a counselor or therapist. You don't have to share everything at once. Begin with smaller concerns and gradually work your way up to more complex emotions. If speaking about your emotions is challenging, consider writing in a journal. This can help you organize your thoughts, and you can decide later if you want to share what you've written.

Tinywhisper11 October 14th, 2023

@cyanPlane9770 well sweetie you've came to the right place ❀ we care about you here, and there are lots  of people willing to listen and help you in any way they can ❀ huggs you ❀ everythin g will be ok ❀