Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Technology

LittleHopeInDark February 4th

I rely on my phone and loud music too much when I’m having a mental breakdown. It has come to the point where when I’m too stressed or feeling so empty I mindlessly scroll on my phone or blast my headphones, and it feels like my head is just getting more scrambled. I need the detox, but I’m so broken and panicked without these fixations. What can I do anywhere anytime instead without feeling jittery/restless or insignificant/wanting to hide? Thank you. I’m thinking of reading books again, but I’m struggling to go to the library since I’ve been going out less due to my mood too. I’m not sure how to solve that either because I just want to stay lying down or sitting since I feel little to no energy in my body and whenever I stand I just want to allow my legs to give way so that I’m on the ground, where it’s safe.

bestVase7265 February 6th

I am so sorry that things are so rough right now. What really helps me when I get too heavy into technology is getting outside. Walking daily separates me from tech. I also try to put it down in general every 45 minutes or so to get up and do something else. Those little breaks can add up. Sending lots of peace. @LittleHopeInDark