Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forgiveness: Group Chat and Forum Discussion

HealingTalk July 28th, 2023

This Discussion is part of the "Forgiveness" monthly event by the Depression Support Community.

Join us for a Group Chat session on Forgiveness this Saturday 29 of July at 5 pm ET in the Depression Support Room (Adults).

The power of Forgiveness

Forgiveness can be a powerful help for dealing with depression.

However, it is very a personal decision, and might be a challenging process.

It may not be possible or appropriate in all circumstances.

And, while it always will imply moving out of your "comfort zone", it should never be forced nor rushed.

If you find it possible and appropriate, some benefits of practicing Forgiveness might be:

Reducing resentment and anger: Holding onto grudges and resentment can be emotionally draining and can contribute to feelings of anger and frustration. By practicing forgiveness, we can let go of these negative emotions, leading to a sense of emotional relief.

Stop obsessing with negative memories: Sometimes we dwell on thoughts about negative past events involving people who might have hurt us. Forgiveness can help break this cycle by shifting the focus away from past grievances and towards our present, prioritizing our healing path over keeping those grudges and grievances.

Lowering stress and anxiety: Carrying the burden of unresolved conflicts or holding grudges can increase stress and anxiety. Forgiveness can promote a greater sense of inner peace, which can be helpful in managing depression.

Improving relationships: Unresolved conflicts and harbored resentments can strain relationships and our support networks. By practicing forgiveness, we can improve relationships with people around us and create a more supportive environment, which can improve our mental health.

Promoting personal growth and resilience: Forgiving others and oneself can be very empowering. It might help us feel in control instead of helpless victims, and develop resilience in the face of adversity.

Come to share your opinions and experiences on Forgiveness in our Group Chat, this Saturday 29 of July at 5 pm ET in the Depression Support Room (Adults)

The ideas and materials for organizing this Group Support chat session were prepared by @MeaningfulSilence Thank you, Silence!

See you there!

Marcelo.

FrenchMarbles July 29th, 2023

@HealingTalk

Sounds awesome! I hope I can make it! I would highly encourage others to attend too <3

my-project-1_1690652154.jpg

MeaningfulSilence July 29th, 2023

@FrenchMarbles

Thank you FrenchMarbles! ๐Ÿ˜Š

HealingTalk OP July 29th, 2023

@FrenchMarbles

Thanks a lot, Marbles!

You are always so kind and willing to help!

See you soon!

MeaningfulSilence July 29th, 2023

@HealingTalk

Thank you for this great thread! Hurray for the discussion HealingTalk ๐ŸŽ‰