Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How hard do you judge yourself really?

limegreenTalker2426 July 15th, 2023

Is it just me, or is there someone out there who also sometimes feel like you are stuck on one place and struggling to just really make it in the adult world, especially work wise. I sometimes find myself very judgemental and disappointed in myself that others my age already has their own car, a adult steady job and career as well as being able to afford to live in their own apartment and yet here I am, 29 struggling to get a real job, working as a waiter where I barely make enough money to survive monthly. And that makes me feel like a huge failure, honestly.

toughTiger6481 July 18th, 2023

@limegreenTalker2426

people in my opinion bloom at different rates..... so comparing yourself to others simply by age is not realistic to me. i use to feel similar but i know i can do many things and have not found something i want to do forever.

If you are not happy with your job or not making the money needed for the life you want ..what is your plan?

Do you regularly apply for other things or look into entering another field of work?

Do others have as you say an "adult career " because they knew what they wanted to do or went to school for a specific line of work ?

Some people are not sure of what they want to do they might find something they can do with little effort and stay there..... those who seem to make changes are willing to take risks and try new things.

do not compare .........instead ask yourself what work do you see yourself doing and what steps are you ready to make.