Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm lost

enthusiasticTangerine147 May 21st, 2023

Right now I feel a bit lost in terms of what I'm going to do for work. I'll briefly explain what has happened. For reference, I worked and lived in Korea for 18 years and moved to Vietnam last October.

After getting a divorce in early 2018 I went to work for a university that I thought was going to be a great job. Little did I know it was horrible. The professors were treated poorly and the president of the program I worked in was abusive. I ended up lasting two years before I quit in early 2020.

I had no luck finding a job and to make matters worse this was when the pandemic started. Finally in March of 2021 I found a full time job teaching. The classes at that time were all online. I was having some physical problems as I had some issues with my mouth. At the time I was taking medication that made me drowsy. This really affected my performance. Needless to say my contract was not renewed and I finished at the end of Feb 2022. Again I tried to find a good job, but as hard as I tried I couldn't.

I decided to uproot myself and move to Vietnam and work there. In 2017 I had visited here for three months so I was somewhat familiar with the place. My new job has been pure ***. In December I ended up negotiating my way out of the contract early so I could leave at the end of May. I've been doing interviews the last few months and again nothing.

Now I'm debating whether or not to go back to Korea. I'm really unhappy here and I don't think things will get better. The problem is I don't have a job there either and I would have to start over and find a place to live.

I just need someone to give me some advice.

Thanks....

lexydong May 27th, 2023

@enthusiasticTangerine147

I'm sorry to hear about your challenging work experiences. How about connecting with a former colleague, your close friends, or mentors who may have insights or connections in your desired industry? They might know you better and consider joining online communities related to your field or interests. Engaging like-minded support, advice, and potential opportunities. I hope you are doing all well, and good luck!