Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

overwhelmed with unrealistic expectations of other people

toughLion8324 September 3rd, 2022

I have been suffering from schizophrenia as I think it as. On the contrary I am diagnosed with Depression by my Psychiatrist, and I value his diagnosis. But I think it is schizophrenia based on my research on my symptoms. And I think that due to early control of my smptoms, schizophrenia didnt manifest in full blow state in my case. Yes it was controlled very early as I think it as.

Coming to present problem, which is that, having passed my medical school with the support of my family, I am now, on daily basis. forced to go to job, which I hate going.

I have a very low self-esteem which makes it difficult for me to interact with people there and to do a good job. Plus I feel people dont respect me on the job which although being my feeling, is not reality.

I find it difficult to assert myself to my family that I couldnt go to job because of my mental health problem. They have no compassion for me. They think its lazziness. Get over it. But I just cant.

Please find me a solution as I feel humilitated when family forces me to go to job and I feel self hatred as well.

Please.

Thanks.

innateJoy9602 September 5th, 2022

@toughLion8324

Hello,

It must be difficult to feel that you have the wrong diagnosis.

Have you ever brought up this to your psychiatrist?

Perhaps, getting the right diagnosis may help with getting more resources that can be beneficial to you<3

Moreover, I’m sorry to hear that you hate your job and feel you are forced to do it.

It also must be tough that you feel your family doesn’t have compassion for you.

Here for you.

Sending hugs 💛✨

toughLion8324 OP September 5th, 2022

@innateJoy9602

She is a good psychiatrist. I have brought this thing but she denies that I have schizophrenia, although, she has kept me on antipsychotics for now what have been a year.

When the symptoms started I became severely socially withdrawn. Then at times in between from them to now I have experienced mood swings, agitation, anger, violent thoughts, OCD in episodes.
( may be two to three episodes till now. Last year it was so so intense...)

These episodes were treated by my psychiatrist with antipsychotics and I think, that prevented me from spilling into full blown Schizophrenia and Psychosis. I think it so because I have very severe negative symptoms. And that also makes me unable to do a job.

Anyway, My family which thinks it is Depression, doesnt accept my small tasks that I can perform. They just can see the lack of job that I have.

And from what I know Schizophrenia patients if can do a little day by day, they are achieving a lot but due to this confusion I am just so stuck up and criticizing myself all the time.

But whatever it is, it is difficult for me to do a job. i think they should be more accepting of little things that I do despite my very much likelihood of doing nothing. I am under constant pressure.

I hope you understand

And thanks for the response. It means