Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello

mallow010 November 9th, 2022

Hi. I'm Mallow. I have been diagnosed with depersonalization for about 3 months now. I don't really know what's going on anymore. Just kinda living through the days even though every day is same time and same routine.

MidwesternCalmSeeker November 10th, 2022

@mallow010

Hi, Mallow. That is a diagnosis I don't know much about, unfortunately. I hope you are getting some solid support as you work on your path forward. Sometimes one day at a time is a good thing, and I wish you calm and comfort as you take each step!

Quito2 November 17th, 2022

I went through a tough time with some depersonalization and derealization. Around that period, I also had other dissociative symptoms. In my case, I believe it was a result of traumatic years that immediately preceded them. I think it was my brain's way of coping, to a degree. And also, a little chaos it had to work through. It did pass, though. I have barely had any dissociative type symptoms in years.

Grounding techniques were so helpful for me. Also, working some skills that dealt with the anxiety that triggered dissociative symptoms.