Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are There Any Listeners Available

Sasher October 28th, 2023

Hi, if you're a listener and read this and think you understand or can help, please reach out. 

I was walking through the gym today and had this weird experience. It felt like a wave of energy smashing me over the head with a frying pan. 

I've been having lots of other strong disturbing thoughs today and I don't know what's bringing them on. Triggers of people who've harmed me that are dead. 

I feel like I'm trying to overcome something and take a step forward on my journey. And as I do the symptoms become disorientating. I feel like they're trying to tell me something but I don't know what or why or if I'm just making them worse because I'm doing something wrong in how I'm looking after myself. 

Leonydus October 28th, 2023

Dear @Sasher

I hear you and want to acknowledge the courage it takes to reach out and share your experiences. Your journey is unique, and you don't have to navigate it alone.

The sensation you described at the gym, like a wave of energy hitting you, must have been disorienting and unsettling. Sometimes, our minds and bodies send us signals that are difficult to decipher, especially when dealing with mental health conditions. It's important to remember that you are not alone in experiencing such moments.

The strong and disturbing thoughts you've been having can be difficult to handle. Triggers related to past trauma can resurface unexpectedly, and it can be confusing. You're not making them worse, and there's no need to blame yourself for how you're looking after yourself. Coping with mental health issues is a complex journey, and it's okay to ask for support! 🙋

Your sense that these symptoms might be trying to tell you something is significant. It shows your self-awareness and willingness to understand the intricacies of your condition. You're not doing anything wrong by seeking a way forward. Your journey is a process, and sometimes it takes time to find the answers you seek.

It's a positive step that you've reached out, and I encourage you to continue seeking support. Reach out to professionals, therapists, or support groups that specialize in conditions you feel affected by. They can provide valuable guidance and help you decipher these experiences and show you they are but symptoms of deeper mysteries yet to be revealed.

Remember, your journey is filled with moments of growth and self-discovery. Even when things feel disorienting, you're moving forward, one step at a time. There's a community here ready to support you in your journey. You really don't have to go through this alone.

With empathy and understanding,
Leonydus 🐱

Sasher OP October 28th, 2023

@Leonydus thanks. I do wonder if I'll ever get through it some times.

The wave of energy was more frustrating than anything because I don't understand it and it's making it feel impossible to keep making progress. 

Thanks for your kind words it has helped me regain a bit of strength and hope. And your right, I shouldn't blame myself. 

I've just been reassuring myself that my life was supposed to be exactly how it was and I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. 

I am in emdr at the moment but don't have an appointment for another 3 weeks. I go to a hearing voices support group too which I'm looking forward to next Thursday. 

Thanks again 🙏 

Leonydus October 28th, 2023

@Sasher

I'm glad to hear that my words have brought you a bit of strength and hope. It's perfectly natural to wonder if you'll ever get through difficult moments, but remember that you have already shown incredible resilience by reaching out and seeking support.

The wave of energy you experienced can indeed be frustrating, but perhaps it's a reminder that you're in a process of healing and self-discovery. Progress may not always be linear, and there might be moments of confusion, but that doesn't mean you're not moving forward.

Reassuring yourself that you are exactly where you are supposed to be is a positive mindset. Trust in your journey, and trust in the process of healing and growth. You're actively participating in it by attending EMDR sessions and joining the hearing voices support group. These steps are significant, and they show your commitment to your well-being.

Having to wait for appointments can be challenging, but in the meantime, you have this supportive community and resources like the hearing voices support group to help you through. Don't hesitate to reach out here whenever you need to talk or share your experiences. You're not alone on this path, and there are many who care about your well-being.

Take it one step at a time, and remember that each step you take is a victory in your journey towards healing and understanding. 🌱

-Leonydus

SerenityLight October 31st, 2023

@Sasher How are you doing today? That sounds like quite an experience and not truly understanding why it happened, makes it harder. Reaching out, what you did, is great, instead of withdrawing and keeping it inside. I'm proud of you. 

I hope your day is full of peace and a smile that lights up the room. 😊

Sasher OP October 31st, 2023

@SerendipityNY thanks 😊

I have been feeling better. Just getting on with things and trying not to judge myself or otherthink. 

Didn't speak to any males but really enjoyed the gym yesterday and felt more comfortable around people.