Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Selfishness

Ladyybugg2019 July 22nd, 2021

I have became more selfish and I don't trust anyone since I have had bipolar , I don't want to have friends, or fall in love it is making me more and.more self centered

AtroposMarra July 22nd, 2021

I have also become selfish. It takes so much work to understand and manage my mood that I've actually lost friends and damaged my marriage. All I can say is you are not alone and your diagnosis does not define you.

Apples5 July 22nd, 2021

I've never been diagnosed, but my mom has major symptoms that suggest she has a bipolar condition. Sometimes I notice them in myself too. Noticing how it affects those around me is what makes me want to assure that i don't let it consume me more than I will let it. Even if I have to fake my mood, i rather do that then let emotions destroy my relationships.

lovingFlower72 July 23rd, 2021

My mom is also bipolar, and I can see how hard it is for her to be around people sometimes. It’s okay to want to take care of yourself and I think it’s pretty common to not trust others with yourself. You are not alone. If you were recently diagnosed, do you remember how you thought and acted around other people before you knew you were bipolar? Do you think that you feel this way only after being diagnosed or has it been there all along? I’m sorry you feel this way. ❤️