Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

On and off struggling with bipolar actions

Angelcrossing18486 April 7th, 2022

As I've been learning more and more about my disability and seeking help and talking to others I have become more aware of things but I still do struggle I have my outburst and stuff like that but then I immediately apologize if I'm in the wrong I struggle with it and sometimes it's overwhelming does anybody have a coping mechanism that works when you are just totally overwhelmed or can't control the emotions within so that you don't hurt or say hurtful things to another because I'm a very empathetic person and I feel really horrible when I hurt people's feelings

kmmd017 April 18th, 2022

I wish I could give suggestions. i'm afraid therapists might be able to give you better ideas for that :) But I would like to share in my case, it helps when I navigate and recognize what emotions I am really feeling. It helps me understand why I feel the way I feel since I also end up being mindful of my reactions. My therapists taught me that. But still I am no expert. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. It helps me too. I don't feel alone as much thanks to this community.

As a compensation, here, some virtual hugs from a fellow Bipolar person 🤗 I feel you on that one. The guilt and shame for doing something you aren't really fond of doing out of impulse can be mind-boggling. Valid and relatable if you ask me. :)