Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want out!!! ......

dynamicNana536 January 2nd, 2016

I am 40 years old, I have had depression and bipolar for years. Only a handful of people know, and that in itself makes me crazy! Fighting the mood swings and pretending everything is ok with a smile on my face on the outside, while on the inside I'm going crazy and it's all I can do to keep it together. Why after all that, do we also have to hide the depression and bipolar from society? It's not contagious, they aren't going to catch it! But here we are, fighting our mental battles and society also. I want so badly to just step out of my "shamed" diagnoses and have people just understand me, us, so we don't have to feel like we have to hide our problems which in my opinion makes my moods worse!

LMessi10 February 13th, 2016

Hey!! I hope all is well with u now.

You are right, we don't need to hide what we are going through. In the process of hiding our pain we are not able to look after ourselves the way we should. It would have been so nice if we forgot what people would think if they knew and stop caring, we would be able to look after ourselves better. We don't need people who cant handle our worst, they don't deserve our best.

take caresmiley