Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think I ruin everything

olive4918 September 19th, 2022

I over think so much and then I act out on my thinking. My partner can do one tiny thing and I feel like it’s the end of the world. I just got cut off of w33d and I feel like absolute shit. I can’t handle myself already and then you get rid of my substance and it’s even harder to deal with myself. I just wish I could get my emotions under control. But then again I wish my partner just wouldn’t do things that he knows upsets me and then I wouldn’t even have to over think. I don’t know but I just wish I could be calmer and nicer but I can’t be, especially when it’s repetitive and the same stuff happens over and over again.

i am open to advice if there even is any to give.

id also love to hear how you guys relate to this (if you do). Thank you for reading and I hope you’re doing alright

aquaEyes275 September 19th, 2022

@olive4918@olive4918 Hi there, Olive... Relationships are hard. I'm currently going through a similar situation. It seems like lately anything that my partner does is irritating to me and it can be really hard to keep my emotions and feelings in check. For me, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that maybe I am better off on my own so that brings about even more emotions and feelings making things worse. Like you, I wish I had better control at being calm and a little nice. I realize after the fact that maybe I was a little to harsh or short with my words and find myself apologizing or correcting myself too often. It is not *his* fault I feel this way, after all.

I am not sure what kind of advice I can provide, other than trying to have a hard, honest conversation. Taking the substance use out of the equation might seem awful right now, but these things are best on a clear mind. Since you can't smoke, meditation might be something to consider, at least it will help with overthinking.