Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think I might have bipolar two or Cyclothmic

fenixofavonlea January 17th, 2023

I think I might have something like bipolar 2 or Cyclothmic disorder. idk, i experience a lot of hypomania symptoms, but not all of them. and i do not experience mania. im already dignoased with depression and i guess i have depressive episodes, i meet most of that critera too. but just not all of it, i also experience psychosis.

i might experience hypomania, sometimes, for a couple days or a week i experience higher self esteem, increased talkitivness, im more energetic, i dont sleep as well/as much, i get easily distracted, and im more motivated but i never can actually finish my projects.

and for depressive episodes, sometimes for a week or more i experience depressed mood most of the day to all day, loss of interest in activiys, hopelssness and emtpiness, fatigue, suicidal thoughts, and its hard to concentrate and i sleep more.

then the other times its either a mix of those, or i just feel more fine? like either im feeling depressed but energetic and euphoric, or i just feel mildly depressed and im just more fine. idk its weird

i dont really know how to go about talking to someone about this, bc i dont know everything about these disorders. it could be something different altogether but im not sure yet.

any ideas of what this might be? any tips on how to talk about this? just any support/help would be nice

calmDew1576 January 23rd, 2023

@fenixofavonlea Disorders such as bipolar can be very complicated. Therefore there is a lot of differential diagnosis. These symptoms could also match with borderline personality for example. The best thing you can do is to receive diagnosis from a trained clinician. I just want to underline that as soon as you embrace yourself as is, the easier it will be to manage any disorder. And let's not forget that on the bright side most disorders are related with some talents as well. We are here for you throughout this journey and thank you for sharing!