Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Husband has bipolar

MissTeeLove September 8th, 2022

I am really struggling with his recent diagnosis of bipolar. I had no clue. I thought it was just someone that hat was extra moody, when in fact there is much more to bipolar. I struggle with depression and have most of my adult life. I also have PTSD from past relationships and I do t know how to repond or how to even handle it when he is in one of his moods and is saying things that couldn't possibly be true. Then we argue and it never turns out well. He says hurtful things and ends up manic and doesn’t get any sleep. Which seems to add to the stress of the next day and on and on. I am really hoping someone can help me by giving me pointers or something. I love him so much and I hate seeing him like this. Please help.

innateJoy9602 September 8th, 2022

@MissTeeLove

Hello,

it shows that you care about him, by you reaching out and trying to find ways to help.

That is really admirable of you.

It is understandable that you would struggle with partners diagnosis.

Have you asked him about ways he feels are helpful ways to respond during these times.

Sending best wishes.💛✨

MissTeeLove OP September 8th, 2022

@innateJoy9602 We can not seem to get past all of the arguing to have a normal discussion. He still doesn't want to admit he even has bipolar. He has all kinds of other reasons behind his actions/thoughts/feelings. Even though he was given an official diagnosis.