Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Could I get anybodys opinion?

MarsandBooks1516 November 7th, 2023

Anyone can tell me if I am over stepping with this post I genuinely am not trying too... So I have really REALLY bad ADHD but I think I may have autism as well. Here are reasons why and please tell me if these are just because of ADHD or what

1. I stim a bunch 

2. I can't stand using big utensils like if I'm at a restaurant I will ask for small utensils

3. I don't like certain textures

4.I'm really bad at social cues like by bad I mean BAD

If anyone wants me to specify more I will gladly do so :) Thank you for your opinions :)

toughTiger6481 November 11th, 2023

@MarsandBooks1516

Well self diagnosis is not always accurate and maybe you should see a professional and work from there on adjusting....

i often wonder why having a person say yep that is what it is makes any difference in you day to day life and dealing with the social cues or other issues.  

passionatePlum5972 November 13th, 2023

Multiple doctors told me that it’s possible to have both. This isn’t enough information, and in fact it’s really hard to pick apart the ADHD symptoms from the Autism symptoms. You can seek a professional autism assessment (where I live they are expensive and hard to get), but there are some good resources online if you want to start by exploring on your own. https://embrace-autism.com/autism-tests/