Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

social anxietyyy

sofiacarsonfan27 August 23rd

so i have social anxiety and it's the school holidays right now which means i have had lots more free time to hang out with my friends. which i haven't done any of. but my parents nag me every single day to go outside and play with your friends because they don't know the reason i don't talk to my friends, they probably think i'm just lazy or something and i would tell them but i have a feeling they would put me straight in therapy which i really don't want. i can't hang out with my friends or tell my parents

aren60 August 30th

@sofiacarsonfan27
Hi! It sounds like you’re in a tough spot, feeling pressured by your parents while also struggling with social anxiety. It’s okay to take things at your own pace, and if hanging out with friends feels overwhelming right now, that’s understandable. If you’re not ready to talk to your parents about it, maybe try finding small ways to connect with friends that feel more manageable, like texting or playing games online. It could help ease some of the pressure. Therapy can be really helpful, but if you’re not ready for that, focus on taking small steps that feel right for you.

sofiacarsonfan27 OP September 3rd

thank you so muchhhh