Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why do I have to be so anxious and scared?

RavenTheVeil April 6th, 2021

I feel like this may be stupid to some people, but I've always been scared to share my favorite songs to people especially my boyfriend. Music is really big in my life. It's helped me get through hard situations. It helps me with my anxiety, but now its part of my anxiety and I hate it. There's one thing that bothers me though, I'm too scared to play my music in front of my boyfriend of 3 years.. There was like a whole year and half he never asked me or wanted to know my music taste, and our taste in music is day and night which makes me scared to play my music out loud even though I want to so freakin bad.. When I do get my courage up and play my music in front of him I have a full blown panic attack afterwards. I just feel like I can't do it. It's something that's been bothering me in my relationship for the last 3 years.

Kara13V April 6th, 2021

@RavenTheVeil

I don't think it is stupid at all. Music is a big part of your life and has helped you through the toughest situations. It used to make you feel less anxious but now it's contributing to your anxiety. Your boyfriend wants to hear your music taste but you're scared. You get panic attacks after sharing your music. I hear it really affects your relationship. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with this...it sounds really difficult. I want you to know that we are all here for you and are proud of you for sharing this. <3 You can always connect 1-1 with a listener to further discuss this.

~ Kara

RavenTheVeil OP April 6th, 2021

Thank you for listening! <3