Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What to do on Friday nights alone

Ynwa2014 May 12th, 2017

If you don't have many friends or they are unavailable, what do you do? I often hear/see people enjoying their weekends, imagining I'll be like that one day. When there's traffic, people out, there's a buzz, know people are out doing things.

But I guess you can train yourself to be happy alone aswell? But you still need some activities. Do you go to the cinema alone?go to sporting events alone? Would that make things worse?

And are there any other ideas for what you can do to entertain yourself in the house or outside on fridays or saturdays?( It's easy to turn to tv or video games.)

JamieSclafaniLMSW May 12th, 2017

@Ynwa2014 I like to go for walks or go to the store. Sometimes I will walk around the mall by myself.

valery3006 May 12th, 2017

@Ynwa2014 I actually spend most of my Friday nights at home because I'm always tired. I try to relax, watch Netflix. I moved to a new city so sometimes I'll call my friends or Skype them and that usually makes me feel better if I'm feeling a little lonely. Even just leaving for a bite of ice cream or just walking outside a little helps too. Finding an activity you enjoy like I like to go running or the gym and if not I work towards accomplishing my goals.

HolisticLiving May 13th, 2017

@Ynwa2014

exercise and meditation can help your mental and physical wellbeing, moreover, joining a social sport where you can meet like minded people and make friends can totally improve your social life. Try Meetup.com !!

XtinaSunshine June 24th, 2017

@Ynwa2014 I love to express my creativity by writing poetry or watching YouTube videos!

May 13th, 2017

I read a lot and do artwork. I am too tired after the work week to want to do much.

gongoozlersoup19 June 24th, 2017

@Ynwa2014

I'm an introvert, so actually I enjoy the limited amount of just alone time when I get it. It helps me collect my thoughts and reflect on my day. But yeah, I hear you that we all need connection and engagement. Try a support group or shared interest group? Try to identify what you're interested in and meet others :)