Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

UGH! packing for a weekend trip and I am having a moment

Chiana April 10th, 2015

It is only for a few days, a three hour drive away, It is not like I am going to the ends of the earth!! I cannot plan for every unseen problem.

I mean I am taking my 7 yr old daughter to Disney! that should be fun, right?? We are going with the whole family, well my sister and her family and in-laws.... You would think I would be excited not nervous!!

It is a silly little thing to be anxious over!!

Well I have a few reasons.... I am a single parent, just me and my daughter.... She has some special needs (don't we all) she hasADD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ODD... and whatever else you want to through in the mix... Add that to my anxiety and depression and extreme loneliness!! Disaster!!

How can I pack for it all?? What if I forget something?? What if she has a serious moment, what if she wanders, though she is not a wanderer... very high functioning, "you would never know by looking at her" (my favorite thing that I hear from ignorant people) crap, what if i have a moment... no I am strong... I keep it all together out there for all to see!! I never fold... I can't... if I do what will happen to my daughter.... No, I got it all I can't ask for help....

Ok, nevermind this is just silly, eff it! let's just go and have fun, enjoy, live those "moments" we may have! We are going to Disney, it is for my daughter, she is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! She is going to be completely over stimulated.... I can do it... hold my breath,put my big girl pants on and go!! I will cry later, when I am all alone and it is all said and done, I will exhale, and breathe... (and fall apart)

ah hell who am I trying to convince! I can't!! for what ever it is worth thank you for listening...

lovingLynx89 September 17th, 2016

Hello, I get how you feel and think is part of being a very responsible person and parent. You are a single person trying to do something fun with your child. That can be challenging for every parent, rigth? You are already doing this for your child everyday and understand that things can change quickly. Would you consider over preparing for it? Would that be an option? This way you feel like no matter what happens, you got it cover! :) take care and have fun!:)