Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social Anxiety and Work

Plumbob740 August 8th, 2022

How do you find a job where there isn't a lot of people, you don't have to talk with people. Where you can just show up and do your job. The thing is humans are curious creatures and social but every time they try to get to know me. I go into flight and freeze mode..

I cannot even get past a week on the job. I cannot find a safe work environment either. Once HR finds out that I have mental Health issues I get bullied out the door.

Every cleaning job I have had you have to have the best communication skills. You have to talk to other people.

I don't want to meet people at work. People scare me when they are in person. I avoid the phone at all cost. Why do co workers want to get to know you then bully you until you quit? I am trying to understand. Every job I had I get bullied. I haven't done nothing wrong. Why do employers allow bullying and the hazing on the job?

With having social anxiety and ptsd plus the added bullying those things do not mix well. All it does is increase those symptoms.

How do people last on the job more than a week?

Happy900 August 10th, 2022

@Plumbob740 Maybe try working from home.

I hope this helps.