Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Overthinking

J2002 August 28th, 2020

I am really hesitating about sharing this post. And I am trying to gather everything that I think of on a daily basis. I guess Ill just put them into points

- I always think in a negative way

- I am extremely selfless to the point where I am tired of the way I treat myself

- I am really worried about my future, and (I hate to admit that) I am starting to compare the opportunities that my friends will have that I want and I am not getting

- I am really weak phisicallly and emotionally ( like how anxious I am when it comes to any social interaction )

- I think of my failures, a lot.

thank you for reading this, I hope you have a beautiful day ♥️

J

CrippledShrink August 28th, 2020

@J2002 sending love

consideratePanda1113 September 30th, 2020

@J2002 I'm sorry to hear that you are having such bad thoughts❤️ Sending love

NotsoLucky11 October 1st, 2020

@J2002

...I actually want to thank you for sharing this💜

So far, this has been the most relatable post I've seen. It really makes me feel less alone in the world when I find others who go through the same thing although I wish no one had to suffer from socializing fears. Wish you the best👊💜

NotsoLucky11 October 1st, 2020

My emoji got blocked :(

(Idk if u c it) "yesheart"

Vyxanii October 1st, 2020

@J2002 You recognize these concerns and that's a huge first step, congratulations! Try turning some of these into positive comments about yourself. We always strive to be better, comparing is natural even if we don't want to admit it. Try taking a situation you mention and find the silver lining. For example, you say you're physically and emotionally weak. You're a thoughtful and strong willed individual. How can we increase your physicality - working out? Mentality is also in part how we approach the topic.

yellowBlackberry8737 October 16th, 2020

Same here..from the moment i get up in the morning similar thoughts will come to mind..i am so disturbed and irritated

@J2002

upstategirl66 August 28th, 2020

@J2002

You are not alone. I feel much the same way often. Be kind to yourself.

SimplyMeg September 2nd, 2020

@J2002 I'm sorry to hear that you're having these negative thoughts! Thinking negatively all the time can really start to affect our overall wellbeing. There are a lot of resources out there for learning how to reframe your thoughts into more positive ones. Have you ever tried journaling? That can be a great way to express some negative thoughts and then start spinning them into something positive. If you'd like some resources, feel free to reach out!

Neesh00537 September 30th, 2020

@SimplyMeg wroting in a journal definitely belps, i ised to be a really negative person when I started colleve but since I am able to pronect these emotions onto a page I am definitely happier.

toughCircle8376 October 17th, 2020

@SimplyMeg

Hey there! Do you have some guidelines for journaling? I did some reframing exercises, regarding negative thoughts, but it's hard for me to actually apply it to my life and perspective. And I don't want to just keep writing down my negative thoughts. So, if you have any advice?

akay06 September 30th, 2020

@J2002

Hey J!

I hope your finding support on here! I have a lot in common with many points that you have made especially the point about being too selfless and not treating yourself right. I really find that the teapot with the writing prompt to write to yourself like you would a friend on the growth path really helps me. It helps me so much that I actually starting writing a journal prompt of everything I overthought that week and ways that I hated on myself and then responded as if I were talking to my best friend as if she did the same thing. I find that slowly but surely, I am starting to feel better about myself and treat myself better as well.

jordanc0856 September 30th, 2020

@J2002 I feel the same way, and it's not fun. Ever since I had a leak in my roof (which has since been fixed), I think every little noise my house makes is a sign of it falling apart. I WAY overthink this, and I have difficulty controlling. If you figure put a way, please let me know!

eunoiawisher October 2nd, 2020

@J2002 Thank you so much for sharing this; I actually find most of these points very relatable... I haven't really improved from overthinking, and I still do so every single day, but I'm taking steps towards self-discovery. If you haven't already, what I've done so far is research about these feelings. It makes me feel relieved that I finally know what it is I'm feeling; that someone out there is able to put what I've been feeling into words, when I couldn't do it myself. For instance, I found out about "cognitive distortions" which I realise is the source of my anxiety (you could search it up because it somewhat relates to negative thinking)... There are also tips on how to get better, but I haven't really tried it yet, but at least I feel somewhat relieved because I understand myself a bit better. Sending all my love to you! Best of luck x

ForumParmar October 2nd, 2020

@J2002 it takes courage to come out and talk about our negatives. so proud ofyou to have done that. sending so much love and strength your way!

Angela243 October 17th, 2020

@J2002

I relate. Just know you are not alone.