Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Calming your anxious mind

SafeCamp18 May 29th, 2018

Any mottos or sayings you use to calm yourself when feeling anxious?

Is is it possible to no longer care?

Ive been worrying too much and feel like I can no longer control my anxiety. Just wish I could relax and have a chat. Instead I am too anxious about gossipers and mean-spirited people to open up and have fun.

IntoTheWhite June 3rd, 2018

Well I've developed a "ritual" for whenever I get everything-will-go-wrong thoughts. I basically try to convince myself that something extremely cool will happen if I manage to talk to this person. And then I like to frequently remember myself that it's in fact only me who stops it from happening and that I'm in control.

I don't have any special mottos, but it's always good to keep in mind that life could end any day and that worrying about people that don't deserve it is not worth wasting time for.

NWgardener June 4th, 2018

One motto that I find helpful is "Don't believe everything you think." It helps me because my thoughts usually scare me more than the actual situation. Hope this helps!

calmPaul281 June 4th, 2018

Hi, One thing that some people find helpful is to use breathing techniques, and the best one might be, breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth, Athletes are taught this to help them slow their heart rate down when required.

Hope you find this useful.

sunnyOrange2018 July 13th, 2018

Especially when I am in a different place I rarely visit or in a big city, I usually think "I don't have to see these people ever again if I embarrass myself." Sure, I know it will be tough talking to someone despite being able to never ever see them again, but it usually helps me to talk to people anyway. It has become kind of a mantra to me for whenever I have to meet new people.