Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety

RavenTheVeil March 27th, 2021

My anxiety is so bad. I hate myself for it. I can't do normal things like other people can; I can't talk to people without having a full blown panic attack, I even got my drivers license a few months ago and I barely drive or get out because I'm terrified. I make myself nauseous thinking about it. I worry about every little thing and family gets annoyed at me about something I can't help. I feel trapped and alone. I don't know how to cope with it.

eyecgurlsupport March 30th, 2021

hello, i just want you to know you’re not alone. i feel the same way, it’s hard for others to understand how severe my anxiety has changed my daily activities. sometimes friends invite me out and i freak out over it and they just want to hang out and get frustrated.

carambole April 2nd, 2021

Have you tried the scale approach? Make a list of people that you are not very scared to talk to (e.g. cashier at supermarket) up to those that make you panic (e.g. cute girl). Then start very slowly to confront your fears on a small scale. Reward yourself when you meet a challenge. This is how I improved my social anxiety: going out of my way chatting to unmeaningful people like a random guy at a bus stop. It's scary, but it gets better.

littleBarry177 July 8th, 2023

@RavenTheVeil Hi. I can understand. I sometimes mess up something because of my anxiety. You are not alone. Maybe try to do not force yourself, and take little steps. Let us get better.