Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

trying to connect and anxious about it, sos

quirkkittenexplosion January 7th, 2023

Hi, I’m new, and the whole thread situations on here stresses me out. I mean, I’m generally stressed. This is the anxiety community, ha, but this app is so confusing to me.

Overwhelming, I guess.

I want to connect with people, chat and get to know them. But the idea of commenting wrong or posting in the wrong place and messing things up is giving me so much anxiety.

Anyone know where to go on here to just… connect and share and make friends? Correctly, I mean? Without inserting myself into others convos or generally breaking 7cups social rules?

Big thanks in advance,

Quirk

toughTiger6481 January 12th, 2023

@quirkkittenexplosion

i think if you want to answer someone or comment simply that you understand someone else problem or issue.

I think sometimes we get anxiety because we think we need to say the perfect thing or think someone would judge our thoughts.... every thing we do is a skill the more practice the more responses the more comfortable you will feel. if you put something in a wrong spot or anything else no big deal .... i will tell you reaching someone making them consider something and see something from another view it can be very rewarding.

quirkkittenexplosion OP January 12th, 2023

Oh, I think you’re right. If I’m too anxious to comment and don’t try, I’ll never get comfortable with it. Ah, thank you so much. This was very helpful!

practicalWater2390 January 13th, 2023

You are a good person

which is the reason you are so concerned about doing things right and not hurting anyone

so be proud of yourself

about the group

you are here move slowly and you will be aware

i am also new 😃

AestheticOwl72 January 13th, 2023

@quirkkittenexplosion

It shows a lot that you want to connect with others in an appropriate way :)

7 Cups has a variety of Communities that may be of interest to you. There are a few Communities specifically for new members, like the Newbie Hub. Other categories like Fun include Communities to share about hobbies/interests, spread positivity, and more. You are able to interact with others and connect with them, and you can explore these options under the Community tab.

Hope this helps, and best wishes!