Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

struggling with anxiety feeling overwhelmed with my present

Lolie February 7th, 2017

Hi.(sorry kinda long story) I dont know where to begin...Im 28 years old. I have been unemployed for a while now and is killing my confidence with time. I feel a burden for my family like a loser since I cant seem to find anything. My boyfriend broke up with me last week, it was out of the sudden. We were on Long distance right now since im applying for the residence in Canada. I found out a little more than a month i need to get a higher score on IELTS in order for me to get the points i need for the residence...but now im struggling with myself about it now that my boyfriend broke up with me. (I never felt he was the main reason to go back) but my profesional confidence is lower than ever. what if i go back to canada and i dont make it? what if i go back i dont have the same strenght anymore? what if he can move on so fast while i cant figure out how to make things happen? i havent been able to study any english due to the anxiety, i havent been able to go for an interview for a call center for the same reason. i think to myself : are you that loser that you couldnt find nothing else and look what you are going to ended up doing in a call center!..thats my head and anxiety talking to me. im scared im 28 and literarly nothing is happening. i feel frustrated with myself that after all that hard study and work in Canada I had to come back to my country to realise it was useless and couldnt get me a job. I feel hurt that i really needed his support and he just decided to break up with me after all i did.... so my fears say: whats the point of even trying? whats the point of even doing your best. I feel im fighting against my mind and it feels like a tsunami. I feel everyday i have let down my family. just that thought triggers on me a long while of anxiety. I feel so lost and alone in the middle of all of this. I feel my anxiety has me so intimidated bringing up to me so many fears and questions. Thank you for reading me <3

HarryC March 1st, 2017

@Lolie

Hi there,

First off I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get a reply, I also want to say well done for sharing this, it isnt easy to write about and share whats going on in your life so well done. Writing stuff down can make things feel a little better at times, you can sometimes feel a little relived after wringing down everything that has been happening.

Im so sorry you are going through all of this. It sounds like Anxiety is having a big impact in your life, its making you worry, its making you unable to study, and its stressing you out. You describe everything really well here.

When you are unemployed and looking for work, it really isnt easy because you apply and apply for jobs and if you are unlucky you dont get the job and that can feel like you are not good enough for them and they dont want you. Its draining and every time that happens, your confidence, self-esteem drops. Have you tried finding training programmes near you that offer experience in work. If you have experience you are more likely going to get a job you are applying for.

Sorry to hear that your boyfriend broke up with you. I cant imagine how you must be feeling about this with everything else going on. Its the last thing you need right now. Break ups are never easy to go through, especially if it was so unexpected and sudden. Its important that you have a good support network. So, friends and family who you trust and you can talk to, also us at 7 cups, you can always come here and vert.

Giving up is not the best answer to this, if your trying your best, thats great! Thats all you can do. You are doing an amazing job at that. However, it sounds like there is also a lot of issues happening here with your Anxiety, and maybe its time to get some Professional help? I know, that sounds scary to some people but, sometimes we cant handle everything on our own. Its okay to off load to other people as well.

For me when things get hard. I take every day as it is. I write a list of everything I am going to do that day and I do it. I try my best to complete that list. Maybe this is something you want to do. Think about the current day you are on and not what will happen next week.

I hope this has helped you in a way.

Take care