Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

celebrating the small wins

missingtrees August 27th, 2020

hey guys! just wanted to share an improvement I saw today!

i was in the car with my mum, doing some last-minute shopping for school, when she started talking about dental work (wisdom teeth, specifically) on the phone with a friend (shes helping with the friends wisdom teeth surgery recovery). thats one of my big-time triggers. i almost always have a panic attack when people start talking about all that stuff.

i somehow tapped into my breathing and slowed it down until i was breathing like the patterns Ive been working on in my growth path.

Ive never been able to apply techniques in the moment like that!!

Im really excited to see even a little improvement, and I just wanted to say if theres hope for me, theres hope for you too! <3

love all you lovely folks! keep up the care :)

Jencloud10 September 2nd, 2020

Just wanted to say good for you! There is power in sharing your victories( no matter how great or small!). Im new to posting here and am finding it encouraging! A couple of wins in my life, is Ive discovered a support system at weight watchers( helping me feel connected to my weight loss journey). Also, my mom and I seem to be able to talk more lateley( she seems to get my anxiety concerns). Lastly, there are times when I am enjoying myself( like shopping). All wins, when Ive been dealing with a long term mental health issue😀

missingtrees OP September 2nd, 2020

@Jencloud10 that

Jencloud10 September 3rd, 2020

Thank you😀

wishfulHeart60 September 12th, 2020

@missingtrees you did great 💓💓

tami150 August 27th, 2020

@missingtrees

Hello! It is lovely to meet you. And mainly...congratulations!! We are so proud of you and looking forward with you. Even it can seem like a small win for now, after some time exactly this can help you to go through more challenging situations. I wish you many more small wins and hope that the big win will come to you soon!heartTake care!

akay06 September 2nd, 2020

@missingtrees

That is great! Good for you! Keep it up!

SimplyMeg September 2nd, 2020

@missingtrees

I would consider this a HUGE win! Go you!! It can be so hard to remember and actually use the calming/breathing techniques we've learned when it comes to real, anxiety-inducing situations. But you did it, and that's an incredible accomplishment that shows how strong you are. Even though we don't know each other, I'm SO proud of you! :)

missingtrees OP September 9th, 2020

@SimplyMeg thank you so much for your sweet words! you made my day :)

jordanc0856 September 12th, 2020

@missingtrees It's really good to hear this. It gives me hope for myself and what I'm experiencing.