Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

anxiety about parents fighting

smolstrawberries June 12th, 2022

my parents got into a big fight yesterday! they aren’t talking to each other, they started sleeping in different rooms again and the house has a very tense vibe to it. everything was going so well and then this happened and now i feel like it’s all back where it started. it just makes me anxious, because i’m so sick of the fighting and i don’t want my dad to accidentally to do something or yell at me. i don’t know if they will make up soon, it just stresses me out so much. i also feel very disconnected from my friends which really sucks because i feel very more alone now and like i have no one i can lean to for support or comfort during this. i feel

so anxious and scared about what may happen and i don’t know how to handle it

intelligentWest1942 June 12th, 2022

I hear how uncomfortable and scary it is to have all this tension and unknown in your household. I imagine it would be nice to have your parents recognize how much their conflict affects you. I think maybe it feels helpless like you are just at the mercy of their decisions. Many families have been experiencing distress over the past two years of this pandemic. Adults and kids are stressed out and not operating from healthy emotional places. I think there are a couple things you could possibly try if it feels right… one thing is focus on yourself and finding the resources in your community that feel supportive, learn about who you are and live into who you wasn't to be knowing that as much as it hurts your parents problems belong to them. Another thought is I wonder if you have the kind of parents that you can talk to about how their fighting feels for you. I hope you and your parents each get the support you need and deserve.

intelligentWest1942 June 12th, 2022

Who you WANT to be. Sorry typo