Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Writing things down to focus anxious energy

JLarissaNowhere256 January 6th, 2020

When I feel overwhelmed and struggle to focus, I write down even simple things to bring my mind back and to give myself a sense of progress by doing any step no matter how small

Daisy7cups January 6th, 2020

@JLarissaNowhere256

Initially wishing you a very happy new year 2020 ๐Ÿ˜€.

Am so glad to see you in the forum, it's so true that daily life just makes us feel overwhelmed at time, just showers us with emotions. But writing down the thoughts, maintaining a journal is really helpful to know about what's happening around us and within us. This calms us down as we let go of the things by expressing them ๐Ÿ˜€.

you can feel free to take part in the anxiety check in. As well as you can add yourself to the anxiety checkin please check this post!

Feel free to take part in this week's checkin-

https://www.7cups.com/forum/AnxietySupportCommunity_53/DailyCheckInThreads_955/AnxietyCheckinFridayJan3rdSundayJan5th2020_215146/1/

Take care, have a good day ahead.

VickyP January 8th, 2020

@JLarissaNowhere256

Hello! And Happy New Year! Writing things down in order to keep track of your progress and to focus sounds like a great idea especially when living with anxiety. Every step of the way, no matter how small, counts. Keeping a journal helps us keep track of our thoughts and future tasks/plans!!

Have a good day!