Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Work

Hadallmyshots January 23rd, 2022

So i have a job thats very stressful and triggers my depression ive been there 11 years recently i got hurt and had to take time off my injury is better and im due to go back to work but its spiking my anxiety its almost like im afraid to go back to work but i have no choice...

amiablePal9825 January 24th, 2022

@Hadallmyshots

Really sorry you’re going through that! I’m going through h something similar with my job triggering my anxiety, so I understand how stressful it can be!

Would it be an option to speak to your boss and look at reducing your work load somehow or even your hours? Or maybe speaking to your doctor about how you feel and getting some more time off work to try give yourself a bit of time to relax!

I do find that a lot of the time the though of Doing something can make you more anxious then the actual thing it’s self!

Hadallmyshots OP January 25th, 2022

@amiablePal9825

Those are great ideas the problem is if i drop any hours i lose my insurance, i dont have a dr but ive been thinking about finding one....thank you so much for reaching out....

2scotties January 26th, 2022

@Hadallmyshots

I know what you are experiencing. I was furloughed from my job due to Covid for 16 months. Been with the company 10 years. When I returned I was outsourced to another avenue of the business. The stress and anxiety was crippling. I ended up in the ER. Took two weeks medical leave. I feared going back but had to at least try. All got worse. Am now on short term disability with my doctors help. I will not go back. However....this is me and not you. Yes...get a doctor. Contact your HR and ask about the American Disabilities Act (ADA). Bring the form to your doctor and discuss as to what avenues your company can provide to help reduce the stress. There are many options. Most companies these days do not want to lose employees and will be more accommodating than you may realize. My HR was very accommodating, but the bottom line for me is that I just have to leave the industry altogether. I hope this helps and hope all works out well for you.

Hadallmyshots OP January 27th, 2022

@2scotties

Thank you so much for that...one of the worst feelings is thinking you are alone and i appreciate you making me feel otherwise...i will work on getting a dr and look into ADA...my first day back is tomorrow and my anxiety is climbing the walls...just go in and try to keep my head above water i guess.....thank you

Tiki99 January 29th, 2022

Hi, glad I found this group. I have lots of work stress issues that cause me to be sick. Besides from frequent panic attacks, I feel pain in my arm, neck and frequent migraine headaches which makes me think I'm not dealing well with the stress.