Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weight on my shoulders

Melancholia2000 August 30th, 2017

Sometimes I think that I'll never get a break, too afraid of failing. I'm a gifted student, so I don't want to disappoint my parents who work hard for me. Not to mention the stigmas attached to me. I just want to relax and act like a teenager ever once in a while, but I have so very little time. I have to do well in school because I'm expected that I can't fail or struggle. It's just a lot on my plate.

lovelyWhisper66 September 3rd, 2017

@Melancholia2000 Hi there, thanks for the post! It is always a struggle to face many challenges especially as a teen. I hope your time here on 7Cups has helped you face these challenges and given you confidence to do so. Feel free to reach out to the listeners if you ever wish to talk with someone. Best wishes!

ChillKoala August 31st, 2017

@Melancholia2000 Hey there! It sounds like you're experiencing a lot of stress from all the pressure you're under right now, which is totally understandable. I know how you feel about the grades and not wanting to let your parents down, its tough for sure. I just wanted to let you know that I know its really hard, and that I totally get that sometimes you'd rather not have to put up with it all. You've got a lot on your plate indeed, but I think you're doing awesomely. Its hard to reach out, and its awesome you've reached out for support here, especially as its really important to take care of yourself first. I hope all goes well for you heart Best of luck to you