Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trying to manage my emotions in a stressful time

Mikkimouser96 May 30th, 2020

Hey im still new here and looking for advice.

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, major depression and high major anxiety. When i waas younger i was raped by my father for a few years and a close family friend of ours raped me as well. When i was four i was physically assulted by my moms at the time boyfriend he tried killing my mother in front of me. When i hit high school i developed an eatinb disorder and well i got helped and overcame it. But since i was 11 i have struggeled to manage my emotions. When i get angry i lash out on teveryone thats close to me. I dont trust easy cause everyone finds ways to make me believe why i shouldnt believe. i need help and advice on to deal with my emotions better and not a negative way. i tried going to a cousiller but after a few times i stop going because i feel like it dont work. ive seen a therapist but he ended up going behind my back and telling my exs mom about stuff we talked about in confidence and when i would have appointments with my victims service worker she woud tell my ex about stuff we talked about since i would struggle to tell her. i spent days after that upset cause i couldnt trust anyone to talk to so i just need positive feedback on help and advice to deal better.

luxx454 June 1st, 2020

@Mikkimouser96 I cannot imagine the pain and frustration you have felt in these situations as to be honest, my experiences in life have been different. However, I find it reasonable that you do not trust people easily as it seems you have been betrayed by those who were "meant" to help you. And I see you're trying hard to manage your emotions and even your anger, which I think is admirable. I don't have advice because I have not been in your situation, however I think it's okay for you to be angry, frustrated, sad, or whatever you're feeling. In my cases, my emotions become harder to manage when I believe I need to change or be "happier". While these feelings are unpleasant, you have survived this long and that is something to be proud of