Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So Tired of Everything

Basilstorm March 6th, 2016

My social anxiety is severely impacting my school life. I can't form any new friendships or even become acquaintances with someone. My grades are plunging. I've dropped from A's to B's and they keep falling, despite my constant struggle to improve them. I can't work up the courage to go in for extra help. I can't work up the courage to tell my teachers when they put in a grade wrong. Even when they accidentally leave it blank, I'm too scared to tell them. I'm on three different sports teams and I know for a fact (not just magnifying it) that 90% of the people hate me. I stopped feeling real awhile ago and the only emotion I feel is anxiety. My religious faith is suffering as well- I haven't been to church in months. I still get nervous from church because I passed out there once in front of everyone (due to a mix of not eating and pneumonia) and they had to call an ambulance and carry me out. I can feel my life starting to slowly crumble around me.

CheerfulCharlotte March 6th, 2016

Hi @Basilstorm
It sounds like your social anxiety is really affecting you. It can be a really tricky thing to deal with and can make you feel really isolated and alone, so I know how difficult it can be.
Are you able to speak with anybody about how you're feeling? Speaking to a friend, relative, counsellor, or even one of our friendly listeners here at 7 Cups could help you to process how you're feeling and think through ideas that might make you better able to cope with the anxiety that you're experiencing. A doctor could also talk to you about medications or therapies that might help you to feel less anxious.
Lots of people suffer from social anxiety and whilst it's really tough, it's important to remember that you're not alone and that it's possible to get better.
I hope some of that helps and that things get better for you! :)