Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mixed Emotions

ShadowFire1 September 22nd, 2018

Religion has always been a great passion of mine yet it is also my greatest downfall. Today, there was a Pagan Pride day in my city and although I'm not a Pagan, I am a witch that is Christian and Pagan friendly. I have benn having alot of mixed emotions mainly from suppressing my WitchCraft out of respect for my Christian family that is uncomfortable with my ways, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to go the event, even though those mixed emotions kept surfacing whIle I was there. I have a long history with the witches and covens that were at the event but it has been awhile aince I have seen any of them and they did not recognize me. As a witch I'm glad that they did not recognize me since it gave me a chance to see them from a different perspective. Still it was kind of funny because the high priestess and president of her religious coven group did not remember how I helped save them from collapse when they needed a building to congregate to when their building lease was up. I found a kind UU church that was gracious enough to allow them to host their Sabbats and Esbats there yet she did not remember what I done for them. Tomorrow I plan to go to a very strict and traditional Christian church my coworker invited me to. Religion is such an Achilles heel for me and I am an extremely complex person! I wonder what it would be like to be normal, to fit in with a group or kind person? I'm the person that is destined to be outside looking in wondering what its like to be normal? Still I wouldn't have it ant other way because this is the person I must become, because this is the destiny I willingly chose to take! I don't know what your destiny holds for you but I hope and pray that you can always be true to yourself and happy with the decisions you have to make in your life as well! Blessings!

Darkseed December 11th, 2018

That sounds great . I envy your easy with multicultural situations. I wish I had that, and then I wouldn't have as much anxiety in any social situation. In professional work situations, I'm generally okay, but when I go to a place with people of mixed backgrounds, I can get nervous. I hope that you had a good experience going to your friend's church, and I hope that you are doing really well today.